Deegle The Weather Dog

Deegle The Weather Dog
Click Pic For Weather

Friday, July 26, 2013

The Flower...What Would You Do???

 
 I came home from work one day and what did I see?  A small plant with a red bud trying to grow out from under the lattice work that surrounded my porch.  It was trapped with no place to go, I paid no mind to the plant and went inside my house to do my daily business. You know, laundry, take the dogs out, shower, eat and go to bed...

This almost flower, became fascinating to me.  Everyday that I came home, this poor little bud kept trying to escape from it's confines.  It never opened, it never wilted completely, it just kept trying to get out of the lattice work to be free.  It absorbed the limited water it could, it kept trying to get to the sunlight.  With all the odds against it,  it would not die.

I told myself, "It's only a plant, why does it try so hard?" Every day it tried so hard to emerge from it's confines that I finally cut the lattice work away to give it sunlight and I watered it.  Immediately the flower thrived, it emerged from under the porch, grew to the sunlight and even though it was a rose, produced no thorns. It covered my porch rails and always remained tame, not growing over and taking over, but respecting my space.

Is this possible?  Of course it is.  It's up to us to "Water the Flowers."

Steve Brigman, Friday July 26th, 2013...

No comments:

Post a Comment